- The Holy Spirit is fully God.
- The Holy Spirit convicts the world of sin.
- The Holy Spirit causes the spiritual rebirth of sinners and seals their identify with Christ.
- The Holy Spirit intercedes for the believer in prayer and is the believer’s helper.
- The Holy Spirit guides our spiritual growth.
- The Holy Spirit gives spiritual gifts to every believer to be used in service to God and the church.
- God’s will is that all Christians would respond to The Holy Spirit and live a life that bears spiritual fruit.
- Angels are spiritual beings created by God to serve and worship Him and minister to people.
- An angel of highest position sinned through pride and became known to us as Satan.
- Satan is an active enemy of God and God’s people. He fights against God and His Kingdom.
- Many angels worship Satan and have become his servants in the world.
- People are created in the image of God.
- Because of sin, our perfect fellowship with God is broken and we experience physical and spiritual death (separation from God).
- The sin of Adam and Eve affected all people; all human beings are born with a sinful human nature and commit sin.
- God wonderfully creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
- God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. All sexual and gender-identity related behavior is to reflect God's design.
- Every person is in need of personal deliverance from God’s judgment of sin.
- Christ’s death was a full payment for the sins of the world. His shed blood is the only provision by which a person can be saved.
- Salvation is a free gift of God’s grace and cannot be earned by human effort.
- The person who trusts in Christ’s death to save him can be assured of eternal life in heaven.
- God’s will for each of His children is for them to be like Christ. This is a process of growing and becoming spiritually mature through obedience to God’s Word and the Holy Spirit’s leading.
- Complete perfection is not possible in this life, but will be completed by God when we are resurrected.
- Every Christian will be judged in the future to determine eternal rewards based on obedience to God.
- All believers are a part of the Body of Christ, which is the Church.
- The local church is God’s primary means for spreading the Gospel message to the world.
- The local church assists believers in becoming spiritually mature and equips us for the work of ministry.
- Every believer is a minister and shares the responsibility for serving the Church.
- The local church is where believers obey God’s command to participate in baptism and celebrate the Lord’s Supper.
- The church is responsible to assimilate new believers and reproduce itself by establishing new churches.
- Christ will return to judge the living and the dead.
- All Christians, dead and living, will be raised up and meet the Lord to live with Him forever in an eternal kingdom of the new heaven and new earth.
- All unbelievers and fallen angels will be judged and condemned to hell forever.
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR CORE VALUES, BASED ON FEEDBACK FROM THE DEAF AND OUR EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH THEM:
- We value the Deaf as a people group with a rich language and culture.
- We value the Deaf as the leaders and providers of Deaf ministry, giving leadership and direction to the ministry at all levels.
- We value Chronological Bible Study (CBS) as the best initial spiritual formation resource for the Deaf.
- We value spiritual unity, and the sharing of gifts between Deaf and hearing believers for the purpose of building God’s Kingdom among the Deaf.
- *Our values reflect DOOR International which can be found at www.doorinternational.com